Thursday, May 15, 2008

Strattera - day one

I'll apologize now if this happens to get boring, but I need to chronicle Gus's reactions to the meds and this is more reliable (unless I somehow lose my computer) than physically writing down. I may just do both.

I took Gus to his pediatrician yesterday and she took some baselines of all his vitals. He'd already had his liver function checked not long ago when he started his genetic testing. So we started him on the lowest dose - 10 mg - this morning.

An hour and a half later, he was racing around, but he got himself dressed, down to his shoes, with minimal redirection. He's responding when I ask him questions & doesn't seem zoned out at all. Right now, he's watching television quietly. He's covering his ears, which he's been doing a lot, but not usually in the house. He usually covers then when he's going to the bus.

As much as I didn't want to (just to see what the reports were without them knowing he's on medication) I had to tell his teacher that he's started the medication trial. Heaven forbid he suddenly has a bad reaction or an accident in school - they'd need that information. So, we'll see what she has to say this afternoon.

I am not happy about this latest turn of events, but if it helps him I guess I can live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome & I look forward to reading what you have to say. If you'd like to follow the conversation, please subscribe to the post comments. Have a great day!