Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Was last Week

All week long, Gus has been incredibly huggly and snuggly and kissy. At school, they must have been working on saying, "I love you very much," and punctuating it with a kiss. Gus's usual demonstration of affection is to 'peck' me like Piplup the Pokemon. So it was fun when he started giving actual kisses, but not quite the same. The kisses were sort of forced and rehearsed. But both are welcome, don't get me wrong.

Anyway, I've had a week of hugs and kisses. This morning, Gus woke up and never even came into our room! He was more concerned with getting downstairs to make French toast for me (in bed at that)! Apparently I had used up my quota of hugs and kisses.

Finally, I called him and my husband steered him into our room to wish me a happy day, blah blah. I said, "You haven't given me hugs and kisses today." He climbed right up on the bed and gave me a whole week's worth of pecks. Now that is a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome & I look forward to reading what you have to say. If you'd like to follow the conversation, please subscribe to the post comments. Have a great day!