Friday, August 31, 2007

Little Charmer

On our way to the supermarket this afternoon, I was playing a CD for my kids. MM has to listen to the same two songs, then I usually get to skip to a song. When Gus is in the car with us, he gets a pick, too. When my song came on, I was singing along, and MM started singing (very loudly) something completely different. I explained to her that it wasn't a very nice thing to do because she doesn't like having her music interrupted. This was the conversation that followed:

I said, jokingly, "What's the matter, you guys don't like Mommy's singing?"

Gus replied, "We do...it's like a lullaby."

"A lullaby," I asked? He normally tells me to be quiet when I start singing.

"Yes," he said, "But more peaceful."

"Well, you're charming!" I said.

If I wasn't driving the car I would have fallen over laughing and then given him the biggest squish!

He and his sister then proceeded to make me want to rip my hair out, but that's a story for another day. I'll choose to focus on the positive for now.

1 comment:

  1. LOL that is really cute lol. I could imagine that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome & I look forward to reading what you have to say. If you'd like to follow the conversation, please subscribe to the post comments. Have a great day!