Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gus often gets stuck on things - nothing new about that, but for the past few days, he's been stuck on something amusing. Armpits.

The other day, I was getting him ready for bed and he asked what was under my shirt (pointing under my arm). So I said, "my armpit."

"Can I feel it?"

"Er...okay." It was an odd request, but mostly harmless I figured.

"What's that?"

"Stubble. Go to bed." So much for being harmless, I thought at the time.

He's been quiet about it for a bit, but then this evening as he was drifting off to sleep, he asked again. I should point out that since he was a baby, the underside of his arms have been a soothing point for him. I told him that he had to go to sleep. He kept trying to get under my sleeve, but I was firm and he said his good nights.

Five minutes later, wouldn't you know it - he came downstairs and tried to stick his hand under my sleeve again! That little sneak! I had to stop myself from busting out laughing.

He's off tomorrow - I hope he forgets about this because I don't know if I'll be able to fend him off all day.

1 comment:

  1. That's just the sweetest thing. Recalling the 'open mic' event at graduation, I just have to say, I think that's all adorable.

    Still needs to learn, but whatever, it's cute. :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome & I look forward to reading what you have to say. If you'd like to follow the conversation, please subscribe to the post comments. Have a great day!