Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Break from the Gloom and Uncertainty

Two fun things about Gus today...

Gus woke up around 5:30 and came into our room as usual, said good morning and turned on the light. He lay down on the futon in our room for a few minutes, but then got bored, so decided to climb on us instead. Daddy took him to his room and set him up with some toys, where he stayed very obviously content and happy. How do I know this? He started humming the themes from Mario Kart - his favorite video game! I was only half awake through all this, but what a nice way to come into full consciousness, listening to your happy child humming away without a care in the world!

The really big thing is that Gus is receiving a Principal's Award for Outstanding Effort! Woohoo!!! I can't even express how proud I am of him! It seems as if this is a school-wide award, meaning that he was selected out of all the students in his school, not just his class (I think that's the case anyway). I know he's been mainstreamed into one class - music. I'm just floored.! The assembly will be on Monday and I won't miss it for anything :-)

So that the good Gus news of the day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome & I look forward to reading what you have to say. If you'd like to follow the conversation, please subscribe to the post comments. Have a great day!